Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Cinderella days

We checked out Cinderella and the Little Mermaid from the library today, as part of the Exposure-to-Disney-and-its-Princesses plan prior to our upcoming Disneyland trip.  Valerie chose Cinderella to watch first. She is pretty obsessed with all things Cinderella, and the other day when we were reading it, I asked her why she likes Cinderella so much.  She said because "she has a ball gown." The prince is not even on her radar at this point.  It's all about the dress and the shoes.


I even let her try on these shoes at Kohl's the other day. How fun are these?  $40 though. Sorry, we will not be bringing these home for $40.

hmmm... random, yet appropriate. #googleimages


Things Valerie Said While Watching Cinderella:

During previews:
-I want to watch Cinderella!
-Where's Cinderella?

During opening credits:
-I don't want Cinderella, I want Ariel!
in her defense, could these opening credits be more boring?

Once movie starts:
*slack jawed zombie style raptness*
-I don't like it! It's too scary!
*hiding behind pillow and freaking out*
-That cat is trying to get that little mouse!
-I want Ariel!
-I don't like it!
-What did they do to her dress!?
-What happened to Cinderella's dress?!

Enter fairy godmother:
*zombie mode*

-What happened to her glass slipper?!
-Where is her glass slipper!?
-I don't want Cinderella, I want Ariel!

Movie ends:
-I want to watch Cinderella again!




-

No comments:

Post a Comment